Fish n' Chips at Cargo Fish

It’s been a few months since UpTown Mall down in BGC has opened, yet the most premier and unique stores are still cropping up all around the complex even as we speak. The latest to open has been a pop up shop called CargoFish, and considering we work right in the tower right next to it, I think it’s safe to say that we honestly had to give it a try!

Last Friday, after work, me and my office mates went to CargoFish to try their fish and chips that everyone is talking about.


Long line at the counter

Since the restaurant offers a mix and match of fish, sides and sauce, you can customize your order based on your preference.

Step 1: Choose your Beer-battered Fish
Photo credits: @cargofishph

Step 2: Choose 2 Sides
Photo credits: @cargofishph

Step 3: Choose 1 Sauce
Photo credits: @cargofishph

For additional sauce, you can have it at just Php 25.

They also have cones for Onion Rings (Php 85), Proper Chips (Php 80), Sweet Potato Chips (Php 75) and Fish & Chips (Php 99).

I ordered the Dory with Onion Rings and Slaw Salad as my sides and Tartar as the sauce. Then the order came in and to my surprise, it was served in a stylish white box and the dish was placed in paper (appeared to be oil wrapping paper to prevent the oil from leaking through) with the CargoFish logo on it. This is the original British method wherein the fish and chips were served in the wrapping of old newspapers. They gave it a twist by putting it in a box - easy to dispose and with no need to for a wrap to go.

My Dory with Onion Rings and Slaw Salad and Tartar as the sauce

This is the moment, the taste test haha! The Dory is so soft and the batter is crispy, creamy and fluffy. Yum! 😋 I am not an onion fan because of its sharp taste but I was able to eat the ones in the Slaw Salad because it tasted amazing! I think the vinegar used in the salad reduced the pungency of the onion and brought out the sweetness of it. I also liked the onion rings because they were pretty big haha! 😀 but they tasted really good when dipped in the tartar sauce.

Then my office mate gave me some of her Salmon to try and offered as well her dip, which was the Lime Chili Cilantro. I'll confess, I really hate cilantro with a passion because of its soapy aftertaste so I was a little too hesitant to try it out in this instance. But then when I actually went for it, to my surprise - there was no aftertaste! It was a surprise for my taste buds! There was a delicate balance between the flavors that the actual combination of the lime, chili and cilantro was enough to tempt you to double dip!

My office mate's Salmon with Slaw Salad and Onion Rings  and Lime Chili Cilantro as the sauce


Another office mate ordered Cod with Proper Chips and Sweet Potato  and Tartar as the sauce

I don't drink alcohol so I just went ahead and ordered a glass of their lemonade. It was sweet, tangy and so refreshing, especially on a hot summers day. If you're looking for an after work break though, beer drinkers have a variety of options to choose from.

Photo credits: @cargofishph

Oh, and by the way, they have a Happy Hour from 3pm - 6pm, where they offer Buy 1 Take 1 on their Brew Kettle beers. It started May 8 and ends May 31st, so take advantage of it while you can!

Photo credits: @cargofishph

Aside from the great fish and chips they have, their service was great too. One of the Matthews (Lim) served our food. He apologized to us as we were standing (no table with chairs available anymore - completely jam packed). But we said we honestly didn't mind as we worked 8 hours just sitting in front of our desk lol! 🙆

Overall, I really enjoyed everything in CargoFish; the food, the service and ambiance. And for this, I will give them a 4.5/5 rating 😋 Wait for me, Cargo Fish. I'm definitely coming back!

Drop by and catch your own cargo fish today!

The restaurant is located at Unit K4-1A, 4/F Uptown Mall, 36th Street, Uptown Bonifacio, 9th Ave, Taguig City. From the roof, take a left at the Globe Telecom store and continue down past Max's Restaurant. Take a right, and you'll see it right across 7-11. They are open at 11am to 3am on Mondays thru Fridays and 10am to 11pm during Saturdays and Sundays.

You can also check their social media accounts for updates.

Facebook: CargoFishPH
Instagram: @cargofishph
#CargoFishPH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My rewarding experiences using Sodexo Gift Certificates

Erceflora ProbiBears 2-in-1 Probiotic Supplement Review